The Animal Justice Party are excited to announce that Georgie Purcell, Victorian Animal Justice Party Member of Parliament, is coming to Adelaide to spend the afternoon with AJP SA Members and Supporters.
Georgie will share her journey from animal lover to activist to politician, what life is like as an MP, and why politics is critical in stopping animal cruelty.
She’ll provide an update on everything she’s already achieved for animals and her plans for 2024.
One of Georgie’s favourite slogans is “Don’t get mad, get elected.”
For those of you considering running as a candidate in the upcoming SA elections, Georgie will share insights and tips for running an effective election campaign.
There will also be plenty of time to ask questions.
Here are just a few things that Georgie has achieved so far:
- Secured electronic whole-of-life tracking for all Victorian Greyhounds
- Following her calls, the government committed for animals to be projected under family violence laws. This helps the over half of women who say their abusive partner had also threatened or abused their companion animals
- Secured a Parliamentary Committee recommendation to permanently ban recreational duck shooting
- Secured a parliamentary inquiry into pig gassing and confinement in Victoria
- Secured $9.3 million for companion animal protection, including accessible veterinary care and support for rescues
- Won $6.4 million for wildlife protection to protect animals and biodiversity
Tickets include a delicious vegan high tea.
The Lady Daly is doggo-friendly, so bring along your human and canine friends and family for a relaxing and inspiring afternoon with Georgie and the AJP SA team.
Date: Saturday 10 February 2024
Time: 2pm – 4.30pm
Location: Lady Daly 126 Port Road Hindmarsh
More info: https://sa.animaljusticeparty.org/